This year with our new resolutions, we are trying to watch our diets. We often make this dish for snacks or they can be done also as a side dish. We love our baked sweet potato fries. This is why I’m sharing with you this recipe.
You will LOVE this recipe! This is an amazing way of preparing the sweet potato fries with their crispy edges, wonderful spices and combination of sweet and salty! It is so easy to do and so much healthier than “french fries”!
What you need!
- 2 large sweet potatoes rinsed and dried
- Olive oil
- Baking sheets
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of sage
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of Cornstarch
By the way, the mixture of the herbs is a typical mixture of the Provence region of southeast France. It contains savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, oregano.
Time of preparation: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Peel the sweet potatoes and then cut them into slices. It’s better to have them not so thick to make sure to be cooked easily.
- Place the slices of sweet potatoes into a large bowl. Toss in oil and seasonings.
- Cover the tray with baking sheets
- Spread the sweet potato on the tray. Make sure that they are not too close to each other to have them roasted.
- Cook for 30 min. If you have cut the sweet potatoes in large pieces, it might take longer to cook.
- Place baked potato fries in a serving dish and that’s it! Enjoy!
By the way, you can even use different seasoning such as cayenne, cumin, and even cinnamon sugar. Have fun adding your favorite ingredients and tell us if we should also try it! BON APPÉTIT!!!